Gambas Al Ajillo (Shrimp With Garlic)
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 small chili peppers, minced
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tspn pimenton (spanish paprika)
3 tbspn olive oil
cilantro (optional garnish)
salt and pepper
1. Clean the shrimp and pat dry. Let dry for a few minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan large enough to hold the shrimp in one layer.
3. Add garlic and chilis and cook over medium heat for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
4. Add the shrimp in one layer to the pan, and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
5. Lower the heat to medium low and add pimenton, salt, and pepper to the shrimp.
6. Once the shrimp are finished cooking (you can test doneness by a simple knife test or by seeing if all the shrimp curl and look red), plate.
7. Add cilantro garnish and lemon peels on the side. Serve immediately.